Tokyo, Japan – pxl:Artificer today is proud to announce the release of Famicam 64 (v1.0), the free and full-featured 8-bit retrogaming-style camera & photo editing suite for iPhone, iPad and iPod touch devices. With more than 40 real-time, non-destructive, and fully adjustable filters, Famicam 64 lets you recreate the most iconic retro palettes and styles of the early computers and video games.
Famicam 64 is a complete 8bit Photo Editing Suite with a set of modules to enhance your photos including:
* Draw – a pixel editor to sketch on your photo with different colors, effects, and retro brushes
* Text – a pixel-font text engine to add captions with awesome 8-bit and retro fonts
* Sprites – more than 350 8-bit retro-inspired Stickers
* Custom Frames – vintage retro frames to turn your photos into old game covers or an old CRT screen
If you grew up loading games from floppies (or through a tape recorder) and you’re nostalgic for your childhood, or just love the fantastic pixelated aesthetics and colors of the era, this is the app you can’t miss.
* A retro-inspired user interface in the Classic yellowed computer plastic
* More than 40 non-destructive real-time filters, with fully adjustable custom parameters, inspired by the most iconic retro computers, consoles, and games – From “Tennis for Two” oscilloscope experiments and text-based adventures to the last home computers and handheld consoles
* Drawing module to pixel-sketch your photo with different colors, effects, retro brushes, color selector and picker
* 350 8bit Sprites, divided into categories (emoticons, monsters, weapons, objects, etc.) to enhance your image and create awesome retro-gaming visual stories to share with your friends
* Awesome Custom Frames simulating retro game covers, magazines, floppy, cartridges or CRT screens
* Pixelated and nostalgic fonts and styles to caption your moments
* iOS Native Share to instantly send your creation to any app you use (Facebook, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Tumblr and wherever else you like
CGA, EGA, VGA, Hercules Gray, Tendy, Asteroids, Another World, Famicam, NES, Commodore, Ascii-Art, Oscilloscopes, and much more.
* iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
* Requires iOS 6.0 or later
* 51.1 MB
Pricing and Availability:
Famicam 64 (v1.0) is Free and available worldwide exclusively through the App Store in the Photo & Video category. Be proud of the origins of computing. Famicam 64 re-starts the 8-bit revolution!
Based in Tokyo, pxl:Artificer focuses on hi-quality, innovative utility apps for iOS and Android. Previous projects include well received, AppStore Top-100 titles like Events For Destiny, PipClock, Minu Timer, Alchemy Guide – Skyrim, Zombie Tools, and Snaxee. Copyright (C) 2016 PXL:Artificer. All Rights Reserved. Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone, iPod and iPad are registered trademarks of Apple Inc. in the U.S. and/or other countries.